The Sim Pedals Ultimate+ represent a significant update over the classic Sim Pedals Ultimate. Although the Sim Pedals Ultimate+ have retained the overall geometry of the previous version, a long process of design calculations, sourcing suppliers and materials, determining the optimal production method and a lot of automated durability testing have resulted in a comprehensive revision of most subassemblies and a much improved product overall.
How much + are Sim Pedals Ultimate+ ?
The Sim Pedals Ultimate+ feature the following key improvements:
SmartControl compatible controller
The Sim Pedals Ultimate+ are powered by Heusinkveld SmartControl. You can now easily calibrate your pedals, adjust output curves and deadzones and create, store and share multiple profiles. In this video Enzo explains how this is done.
The controller has a new all metal casing. The complete pedal system including the electronics has passed EMC compliance testing, guaranteeing a stable output signal under all circumstances.
All new progressive brake springs
New custom made Heusinkveld injection molded thermoset elastomers are installed on the brake pedal. These new springs are a Heusinkveld-specific development and have been tested to have zero performance degradation even after one million duty cycles. You can look forward to an unprecedented progressive brake feel, a smooth and responsive operation and firm bump and rebound characteristics.
Hard and soft elastomers of different lengths are supplied. You have a total of 9 possible resistance settings on the brake, ranging from extremely hard to very soft. We also added a knurled knob to the brake spring stack for easy adjustment of the pedal preload.
The Sim Pedals Ultimate+ retain their realistic linear brake force measurement, just as seen on real cars. You have the option to set nonlinear output curves in SmartControl.
Improved smoothness and durability
We have added slide bearings to major load bearing pivot points (spring rod pivots) in order to improve pedal smoothness, reduce unwanted noise and greatly enhance the durability of the pedals.
Bespoke hydraulic dampers
Heusinkveld now uses custom made 1-way (throttle) and 2-way (brake, clutch) dampers to simulate the hydraulic damping effect as seen on real clutch, brake and (sometimes) throttle assemblies. The option to adjust the amount of damping is still present.
These new dampers, having gone through extreme durability testing, further enhance reliability and retain their maintenance-free characteristics. Even in the unlikely case of a damper failure, because we use a separate load cell to measure force or position, the pedals will still retain their core functionality.
Revised sensor mounts
We’ve implemented black mounts of a more durable material for the load cell actuator springs and the load cell mounts on the throttle and clutch. These replace the former acrylic mounts and improve long term reliability.
- Strong, stiff, compact and durable design using custom developed
- 12bit USB electronics for an instant and accurate responce.
- Maximum brake force is 136kg (300lbs), maximum clutch force is 45kg (100lbs).
- Fully adjustable pedal geometry and pedal force and adjustable hydraulic damping on every individual pedal.
- Designed with CAD and FEA All structural parts are CNC precision laser cut stainless steel.
- Design tolerances have been optimized in order to have a minimal amount of unnecessary play.
- Semi-gloss metallic look with a minimum of sharp edges.
- Load cells provide true linear output in relation to your pedal input.
- Travel is adjustable from 10° to 20° on the throttle and from 14° to 24° on the clutch.
- All end stops are ‘soft’ for a quality and neighbor friendly sound and feel.